The 21 chaplains in Redland schools vowed to continue their work despite Wednesday's High Court decision, outlawing federal funding for the national school chaplaincy program.
In its landmark decision, the court found federal payments to fund the program were "constitutionally invalid".
Scripture Union Queensland regional director Ken Mihill said the decision was not the death knell for chaplains in Redlands.
"The Scripture Union will continue to work with chaplains in Redland schools and we are not going to change our focus because of this decision," he said.
"We don't expect any schools to miss out or any jobs lost because we are confident our service is valued by people from all walks of life across the community.
"We are working on a range of funding options so the program, which has touched hundreds of lives in Redlands, will continue.
"We have already raised about $25,000 at a dinner at Wellington Point and will continue to lobby all levels of government, churches, individuals and businesses for funding."
There are 13 chaplains at Redland schools and a further eight are due to start work in term three.
Federal member for Bowman Andrew Laming said he was devastated with the court's decision and called on the federal government to "explore legislative ways of preserving this service".
"I believe chaplaincy is an essential program and the 21 chaplains in Redlands have done a brilliant job and are effectively irreplaceable," he said.
"Apart from the security of their jobs, it's up to the federal government to pass legislation to deem this service an area of federal responsibility.
"If this government doesn't take this action, it will be allowing this service to fall over and this minority government will then face private members Bills to force them to do it," he said.
Mr Laming said Queensland would be hit hardest with 40 per cent of all primary schools and 80 per cent of all high schools having chaplains, compared with 30 per cent coverage nationally.
Cleveland MP Mark Robinson said sacking Redland chaplains would be a "travesty of justice" and also called on the Prime Minister to find other ways to fund the service.
Premier Campbell Newman told state Parliament the government would work with the federal government to create new "pathways" for federal funding so the program would continue.
The case against the chaplaincy program was first brought before the full bench of the High Court by Toowoomba dad Ronald Williams in August last year.
Although the court threw out Mr Williams' claims the program stifled religious freedom, it upheld his claim it was constitutionally invalid to fund the national program using federal money.
About 2700 schools have received funding under the program to date and the federal government promises to extend the scheme to a further 1000 schools in the next school term.